At Greenwich Fertility, we will help guide you through the process obtaining any insurance coverage that might be available to you.
While working with your insurance company, it will be important for you to get answers to the following questions:
- Does my insurance company have Centers of Excellence?
- What percentage of my medical expenses will be covered?
- Will there be a copayment for doctor visits, medications, laboratory testing or radiology testing? If so, what is it?
- Is there a maximum dollar amount associated with infertility treatment? If so, what is it and how much have I used to date?
- Will I need to get any services or medications pre-authorized?
- Will I need separate referrals for each visit, blood work, ultrasound or procedure?
- Is there a time limit for treatments or a specific number of IVF or IUI attempts allowed?
- Can I see the insurance manual outlining infertility coverage?
- What are the qualifying criteria for receiving infertility benefits (e.g., preexisting conditions, previous attempts)?
When you speak with an insurance agent, request a written pre-determination letter that details your exact benefits and any requirements to ensure coverage. You may also want to establish a point of contact with a representative. Keep a log of each phone conversation, including the name of the person with whom you speak.